Ramboll can provide all necessary investigations relating to dredging and dumping regulations, biodiversity legislation and the EU Water Framework Directive. Ramboll has experience in mapping, risk assessments and assessing appropriate measures regarding contaminated sediments. In this context, we carry out:
- Sediment mapping in areas planned for development
- Risk assessments and assessing appropriate measures
- Hydrological studies
- Monitoring measures
- Mapping of macro benthic fauna
- Characterisation of biological diversity
- Characterisation of water bodies in accordance to the EU Water Framework Directive
- Risk assessments related to bioaccumulation of contaminates
- Assessing the effectiveness of measures in contaminated sediments, as well as assessing the effect oil and gas activities have on marine life.
The Marine Pollution Section consists of geologists and biologists with experience in dredging and dumping projects of all sizes. Through our expertise, we are suited to assist with communication with the relevant authorities, as well as planning and implementation of appropriate measures throughout northern Europe.