Transport systems for all forms of traffic
Whether we are working on small-scale traffic projects or extensive national and international planning projects, we always aim to create safe and flexible infrastructure and transport systems for all forms of traffic. To achieve this, we focus on creating the right balance between heavy and light road users. Our international experts have also built many types of models – from complicated transport models to 3D visualisations of a simple junction – to ensure that new solutions are as effective as possible. Throughout the process, we work hard to improve the visual environment in both urban and rural environments.
Our transportation planners act as independent advisors to public and private sector clients, providing in-depth advice, analysis and design for a wide range of projects. Our transport planning services cover all aspects of transportation and include:
- City-wide transport plans
- Transit oriented developments
- Parking strategies
- Pedestrian and cycling studies
- Pre-studies for transport investments
- Evaluations of transport measures
- Transport strategies on local and regional levels
- Public transport
- Urban logistics
- Demand and highway assignment modeling using VISUM, CUBE, EMME and Transcad.
- Travel Demand Management
Ramboll provides governing bodies, engineering firms, architects and developers with comprehensive analysis of existing and projected traffic conditions. We make recommendations to improve traffic conditions and travel patterns that provide for safe and efficient movement of people and goods through and within transportation networks.
A Traffic Impact Study (TIS) provides a way of assessing the adequacy of the existing and future transportation systems to accommodate additional traffic generated by a proposed development, re-development or land re-zoning. A TIS will assist in determining the improvements that will be required to the roadway system in order to maintain a satisfactory Level Of Service for all the road network users.
Our Traffic Engineering services include:
- Analysis of trip and parking generation needs
- Assessment of access locations, type and geometry
- Analysis of parking requirements, circulation and operations of car parks and at-grade parking areas
- Assessment of service/delivery areas
- Development of designs for recommended upgrades, improvements and modifications of access points, roads and intersections
- Junction analysis and design including roundabout and traffic signals
- Traffic modeling in a variety of platforms including VISSIM, SIDRA, SYNCHRO and VISWALK
Ramboll excels at creating comprehensive traffic safety plans at the community and regional levels. To facilitate the making of traffic safety plans, we collect information about the present status of traffic safety and potential problems.
Ramboll's overall traffic safety work typically focuses on the following:
- The analysis of the relationship between road accidents and road/traffic conditions
- The analysis of the interplay between drivers, vehicles, the surroundings and other factors of significance to road safety
- Measures to reduce the accident risk in road traffic
- The formulation of road safety aims and visions
- The registration and analysis of road accidents